Welcome to the age of technology. Mobile is changing the world. Today, everyone has smartphones with them, constantly communicating and looking for information. It wasn’t long ago that the idea of carrying a computer in your pocket was entirely ludicrous. Now more than ever before, people are turning to their mobile devices to find businesses and services, which means that if you don’t have a mobile friendly website, you will quickly be falling behind the competition.
What does ‘mobile friendly website’ mean?
Websites that are mobile friendly—also known as responsive design—don’t just mean websites that are able to be viewed on a phone or mobile device. Virtually all websites can be viewed on mobiles devices, but the term “mobile-friendly” has more to do with how they’re viewed on mobile devices. A mobile friendly website is essential when your regular website shrinks down to be small enough to display on a mobile device. It looks like a tiny version of your website.
A non-mobile friendly website requires zooming and scrolling to find and read information. Text either appears way too small to read or it runs off the page, images are hard to see correctly, and links are hard to find and harder to click.
A mobile friendly website reformats according to the type of device a viewer is using. The texts adjusts itself to fit within the screen and resizes to become easy to read. The navigation menu compresses into an easy-to-manage dropdown menu and the buttons become bigger for an easier click. Everything becomes a single, easy-to-navigate column that effortlessly takes you town the page.
Why is a Mobile Friendly Website Important?
With more and more visitors accessing your company website on mobile devices, it is important to make sure that all of your visitors have a positive experience, regardless of what type of device they’re using to get there. If your website takes too long to download, or is not easy to use on a mobile device, they may move along to a competitor. Having a mobile friendly website brings with it several key advantages, including:
- Improved search visibility
- Improved user experience
- Increased lead generation
- Improved brand identity
Reasons why your website should be mobile friendly:
- People prefer mobile devices: Everything from simple information gathering to purchasing big ticket items and much, much more. The reason? It’s fast and easy. Consumers in every industry want to connect and get what they’re looking for quickly. If you’re not optimized for mobile, you can’t offer your customers that type of experience.
- Increased Conversions: With your customers, your clients, and influencers in your industry. Whether you’re selling B2B or B2C, with a mobile friendly website, anyone who tries to visit your site on a mobile device will have a proper experience, and that will encourage them to see you as a credible resource for information, products and services.
- Becomes a standard responsive site: A great many websites are mobile friendly website with more and more coming online every day. Responsive web design has made mobile optimization more straight forward and accessible to everyone, and that means users have begun to expect this level of functionality to come standard when browsing on their mobile devices.
- Reach more customers, faster: Google rewards websites that are mobile friendly websites with higher ranking in mobile search results. So, simply by the virtue of having a mobile friendly website, your site will be seen and visited by more people. Making your mobile friendly website automatically opens your customer base up to anyone performing a mobile search.
- Make customers more satisfying: When a customer or a potential customer accesses your site to find information or look for something you sell, you want the experience to be nothing short of great. Because many people use mobile devices to access the web, only a mobile friendly website can promise to offer that experience. Happy customers will return to your site and tell others about how great it is. Unhappy customers will do the opposite.
- Website seen as modern and relevant: You might offer some of the most useful, valuable, and unique products or services on the market, but if your website’s mobile experience is poor or non-existent, your company will be seen as a digital dinosaur encouraging people to seek help elsewhere. On the other hand, mobile friendly websites are seen as contemporary, cutting-edge and legit they are how you get your foot in the door with anyone that has a smartphone.
A mobile friendly website is an essential for every marketer to develop a successful SEO strategy. There are more marketers optimizing their websites to be mobile friendly website as well, so what are you waiting for? Now you know why a mobile friendly website is so important for your SEO. So, want to know more about Mobile Friendly Website/Responsive Web Design. Check out www.smnext.1n today!